- Jessi Aaron (Ph.D., University of New Mexico)
Associate Professor of Spanish; Sociolinguistics, language variation and change, language contact, grammaticalization.
- Luis Alvarez-Castro (Ph.D., Ohio State University, Universidad de Valladolid), Associate Professor of Spanish; affiliate, Center for European Studies. 19th- and 20th-Century Spanish Literature and Culture. Graduate Coordinator.
- Shifra Armon (Ph.D., Johns Hopkins), Associate Professor of Spanish. Early modern Spanish literatures and culture studies. Faculty advisor for Sigma Delta Pi (Hispanic Honor Society).
- Efraín Barradas (Ph.D., Princeton), Professor of Latin American Studies and Spanish. Spanish American literature, especially of the Hispanic Caribbean and its diaspora; cultural studies.
- M. Elizabeth Ginway (Ph.D., Vanderbilt), Associate Professor of Portuguese. Brazilian literature and culture, Latin American science fiction and Fantasy.
- Emily Hind (Ph.D., University of Virginia), Associate Professor of Spanish. Mexican Studies (Literature, Film, Culture, Politics, History); Latin American Literature and Film; 20th– and 21st– Century Critical Approaches within the Interdisciplinary Humanities.
- Gillian Lord (Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University), Associate Professor of Spanish and Linguistics. Second language acquisition, L2 phonetics and phonology, technology in foreign language education. Chair of the Department.
- Ana de Prada Pérez (Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University), Assistant Professor of Spanish. Bilingualism, language contact, sociolinguistics, syntax interfaces with other modules.
- Charles A. Perrone (Ph.D., University of Texas), Professor of Portuguese and Undergraduate Program Coordinator. Affiliate, Latin American Studies. Luso-Brazilian studies and literature.
- David A. Pharies (Ph.D., Berkeley), Professor of Spanish and Linguistics. Romance historical linguistics. Associate Dean for Humanities, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Martín Sorbille (Ph.D., UCLA), Associate Professor of Spanish; affiliate, Latin American Studies; affiliate, Center for European Studies. 19th Century and early 20th Century Latin American literature and culture. Spanish-American film studies. Psychoanalysis. Literary and critical theory.
- Jorge Valdés Kroff (Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University), Assistant Professor of Spanish and Linguistics. Psycholinguistics, especially sentence processing in bilingual and second language speakers; Spanish-English code-switching; Spanish heritage speakers.
Non-tenure track faculty
- Susana E. Braylan (M.A., Florida). Senior Lecturer. Coordinator of Bilingual Program.
- Kathryn Dwyer-Navajas (M.A., ABD, Johns Hopkins). Senior Lecturer. Co-coordinator of Spanish 1130.
- Andrea Ferreira (M.A., Ph.D. Candidate UF Latin American Studies; BA with High Honors History UF). Lecturer in Portuguese.
- Antonio Gil (M.A. Spanish and Italian, Oregon). Lecturer. Administrative Coordinator of Lower Division Spanish. Assistant to Chair.
- Víctor M. Jordán-Orozco (M.S., Nova Southwestern; M.A., Ph.D., University of Florida). Lecturer. Coordinator of the Spanish 1131.
- Su Ar Lee (Ph.D., Ohio State University). Senior Lecturer. Coordinator of SPN 2240.
- Ximena Moors (M.A., University of Arizona; PhD, University of Florida). Senior Lecturer. Coordinator of Spanish 3300 and 3301
- Gregory Moreland (M.A., P.hD., Florida). Senior Lecturer. Spanish Undergraduate Advisor. Foreign Language Across the Curriculum coordinator.
- Clara Eugenia Sotelo (M.A., Ph.D., University of Florida). Senior Lecturer. Coordinator of Spanish 2200 and 2201.
- Jennifer Wooten (M.A., UNC Chapel Hill, P.hD., Georgia). Senior Lecturer. Director of Language Teaching.
- Phillip Allen (email@example.com): Spanish Golden Age literature
- Antonio Cardentey Levin (firstname.lastname@example.org): Caribbean & U.S. Latino/a studies (historical novel, women narratives), critical theory (affect, geocriticism).
- Christopher Dean (email@example.com): psycholinguistics, SLA
- Nofiya Denbaum (firstname.lastname@example.org): Hispanic linguistics; sociolinguistics
- Luis Alberto Escudero (email@example.com): Spanish literature (mainly novel) and its connections with other literatures
- Patricia Infantino (firstname.lastname@example.org): Latin American science fiction, horror and fantasy, 19th century Latin American literature
- Valerie Jepson (email@example.com): phonology, second language acquisition
- Damaris Mayans-Ramón (firstname.lastname@example.org): psycholinguistic aspects of bilingual and multilingual acquisition with a focus on processing of lexical-syntactic information.
- Hamideh Mohammadi (email@example.com): psycholinguistics, second language acquisition, morphosyntax
- Francesc Morales García (firstname.lastname@example.org): cultural studies, intellectual history, digital humanities, cultural history, horror film, archaeology, political violence.
- Francisco Morales Ríos (email@example.com): sociolinguistics, language variation and change, language contact, language teaching and technology
- Marcela Murillo (firstname.lastname@example.org): XX and XXI Latin American literature, gender studies, cultural studies.
- Rosa M. Pillcurima (email@example.com): 20th and 21st century Mexican literature, Chicano/a Studies, disability studies
- Nancy Pinzón (firstname.lastname@example.org): XX and XXI Latin American literature
- Falcon Restrepo-Ramos (email@example.com): language variation in Spanish SLA, Western Caribbean creoles and Spanish language contact.
- Joel Robinson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Alma García Rodriguez (email@example.com): XXth and XXI century Hispanic Caribbean literature
- Sonia San Juan (firstname.lastname@example.org): Spanish literature and culture studies
- Mercedes Tejera (email@example.com). XX and XXI Centuries Iberian and Latin American science fiction; gender and politics
- Diana Velázquez-López (firstname.lastname@example.org): contrastive phonetics, L2 phonetics, language teaching methods
- Melany Vergara Suárez (email@example.com): the social economy of the body in 20th and 21st century Latin American narrative
- Monica Wilinski (firstname.lastname@example.org): second language acquisition; Spanish as a Heritage Language, teaching methods
- Paula Fernández-Hernández (email@example.com): literature of Canary Islands and Caribbean (poetry, XXth century)
- Lori Nevin (firstname.lastname@example.org): second language acquisition; teaching methods
- Marco A. Ferreira de Araujo (email@example.com)
- Quinn Hansen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Maria Infante-Rivera (email@example.com)
- Caridad Jimenez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Matthew Michel (email@example.com)
- Sandra Moragues (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Roberto G. Muñoz-Pando (email@example.com)
- Giovanna Rivero (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Javier Sampedro (email@example.com)
- Lesley Summers (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Alexander Torres (email@example.com)
- Maria Waked ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sarah Zahler (email@example.com)