- Jessi Aaron (Ph.D., University of New Mexico)
Associate Professor of Spanish; Sociolinguistics, language variation and change, language contact, grammaticalization.
- Luis Alvarez-Castro (Ph.D., Ohio State University, Universidad de Valladolid), Professor of Spanish; affiliate, Center for European Studies. 19th- and 20th-Century Spanish Literature and Culture. Graduate Coordinator.
- Shifra Armon (Ph.D., Johns Hopkins University), Associate Professor of Spanish, Fulbright Research Chair (U Alberta, Fall 2017). Baroque-enlightenment continuities, Cervantes, Early Modern Spanish literatures and culture studies.
- Efraín Barradas (Ph.D., Princeton University), Professor of Latin American Studies and Spanish. Spanish American literature, especially of the Hispanic Caribbean and its diaspora; cultural studies.
- M. Elizabeth Ginway (Ph.D., Vanderbilt University), Associate Professor of Portuguese. Brazilian literature and culture, Latin American science fiction and Fantasy.
- Emily Hind (Ph.D., University of Virginia), Associate Professor of Spanish. Mexican Literature, Film, and Cultural Studies; Children’s and Young Adult Mexican Literature; Gender and Age Studies; Mexican Petrofiction and Gobal Petroculture; Decolonial Approaches; Interdisciplinary Humanities
- Gillian Lord (Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University), Professor of Spanish and Linguistics. Second language acquisition, L2 phonetics and phonology, technology in foreign language education. Chair of the Department.
- Diego Pascual y Cabo (Ph.D., University of Florida), Assistant Professor of Spanish and Linguistics. Bilingualism, heritage language teaching and learning. Director of Spanish Heritage Language program.
- David A. Pharies (Ph.D., University of California-Berkeley), Professor of Spanish and Linguistics. Romance historical linguistics. Associate Dean for Humanities, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Martín Sorbille (Ph.D., University of California-Los Angeles), Associate Professor of Spanish; affiliate, Latin American Studies; affiliate, Center for European Studies. 19th Century and early 20th Century Latin American literature and culture. Spanish-American film studies. Psychoanalysis. Literary and critical theory.
- Imanol Suárez-Palma (Ph.D., University of Arizona), Assistant Professor of Spanish. Spanish morphosyntax, syntactic theory, Generative Grammar, Romance ‘se’, argument structure, dative arguments, language acquisition.
- Paola Uparela (Ph.D., University of Notre Dame), Assistant Professor of Spanish. Colonial and Transatlantic Latin American cultural studies. Gender, sexuality, and queer studies. Visual culture. Biopolitics.
- Jorge Valdés Kroff (Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University), Assistant Professor of Spanish and Linguistics. Psycholinguistics, especially sentence processing in bilingual and second language speakers; Spanish-English code-switching; Spanish heritage speakers.
- Andrés Avellaneda
- Geraldine Cleary Nichols
- Murray Lasley †
- Charles Perrone
- Adolfo Prieto †
- Reynaldo Jiménez
- Kathryn Dwyer Navajas (M.A.,Johns Hopkins). Senior Lecturer. Co-coordinator of Spanish 1130.
- Andréa Cabral Leal Ferreira (M.A., Ph.D. Candidate, University of Florida). Lecturer in Portuguese. Portuguese undergraduate coordinator.
- Víctor M. Jordán-Orozco (Ph.D., University of Florida). Lecturer. Coordinator of Heritage Spanish courses.
- Su Ar Lee (Ph.D., Ohio State University). Senior Lecturer. Coordinator of SPN 2240.
- Antonio Sajid López (Ph.D., University of Florida). Lecturer.
Experiential Learning and Certificate in Spanish for the Professions Coordinator.
- Crystal Marull (Ph.D., Rutgers University). Lecturer of online Spanish.
- Ximena Moors (PhD, University of Florida). Senior Lecturer. Coordinator of Spanish 3300 and 3301
- Gregory Moreland (Ph.D., University of Florida). Senior Lecturer. Spanish Undergraduate Advisor. Foreign Language Across the Curriculum coordinator.
- Jennifer Pretak (Ph.D., University of California at Riverside). Lecturer. Administrative Coordinator of Lower Division Spanish.
- Jennifer Wooten (P.hD., University of Georgia). Senior Lecturer. Director of Language Teaching.
- More detailed information on the graduate students and their interests, as well as the Organización de Estudiantes Graduados de Español (OEGE) can be found on their page.
- Tania Abella Fernández (firstname.lastname@example.org): second language acquisition, bilingualism, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, teaching methods
- Philip Allen (email@example.com): Peninsular Spanish literature, film and adaptation studies, cultural studies, early modern history and literature, textual editing.
- Laura M. Callahan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Nick Campbell (email@example.com): second language acquisition, language variation, sociolinguistics
- Antonio CardenteyLevin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Anthony Cazares (email@example.com): MA student, Spanish literature
- Thomas “Buddy” Delegal (firstname.lastname@example.org): bilingualism, code-switching, second-language acquisition
- Leire Echevarría Canal (email@example.com): second language acquisition, bilingualism, phonetics and phonology, sociolinguistics
- Luis Alberto Escudero (firstname.lastname@example.org): Spanish literature (mainly novel) and its connections with other literatures
- Alberto Fernández-Diego (email@example.com): SLA, phonetics and phonology, teaching methods and epistemological foundations of research in linguistics.
- Paula Fernández-Hernández (firstname.lastname@example.org): literature of Canary Islands and Caribbean (poetry, XXth-XXIst century)
- Marc Gandarillas (email@example.com): sociolinguistics, bilingualism, language contact, language policy, endangered languages, historical linguistics
- Greity Gonzalez Rivera (firstname.lastname@example.org): XX Latin American literature, marxism, neoliberalism, cultural industries
- Paola Guerrero Rodriguez (email@example.com)
- Laura Guillen-Matus (firstname.lastname@example.org):second language acquisition of Spanish, intercultural communicative competence, study abroad, education in multicultural societies, and instructional technology
- María Hernández González (email@example.com) Indigenous identity in contemporary Latin American literature and visual arts
- Joshua “Clay” Hurdle (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Nick Judd (email@example.com) Historical Linguistics, Dialectology, Second Language Acquisition
- Mariandreína Kostantinov (firstname.lastname@example.org): bilingualism, second language acquisition, phonetics and phonology
- Lori Lye (email@example.com): second language acquisition, teaching methods, mobile-assisted language learning
- Máyori Matos Camacho (firstname.lastname@example.org): bilingualism, language contact, language variation, sociolinguistics
- Hamideh Mohammadi (email@example.com): Psycholinguistics, sentence processing in bilinguals, second language speakers and Spanish heritage speakers.
- Marcela Murillo (firstname.lastname@example.org): XX and XXI Latin American literature, gender studies, cultural studies.
- Nancy Pinzón (email@example.com): XX and XXI Latin American literature
- Falcon Restrepo-Ramos (firstname.lastname@example.org): Language variation, language contact, sociophonetics, linguistic landscape, language policies, Spanish SLA and instruction.
- Hernán Rosario (email@example.com): languages in contact, bilingualism, phonetics, sociolinguistics
- Victor Santos García (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mercedes Tejera (email@example.com): 20th and 21st century Transatlantic Literature: Iberian and Latin American science fiction; focusing on gender and politics: Mass media culture and neoliberalism.
- Patricia Tavares (firstname.lastname@example.org): Latin American science fiction, horror and fantasy, 19th century Latin American literature
- Melany Vergara Suárez (email@example.com): Violence in the Colombian and Brazilian 21st century novel
- Enara Sánchez Núñez (firstname.lastname@example.org): Spanish GTA and MA student, XX and XXI Hispanic literature
- Allen Zegarra Acevedo (email@example.com)
- Irene Zurita Moreno (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Quinn Hansen (email@example.com)
- Maria Infante-Rivera (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Caridad Jimenez (email@example.com)
- Matthew Michel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Francesc Morales (email@example.com)
- Javier Sampedro (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sonia San Juan (email@example.com)
- Diana Velázquez López (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Maria Waked ( email@example.com)
Recent Graduates (last 5 years)
- Phillip Allen, English Instructor, Spain
- Yanina Becco, Southern Utah University
- Ana María Díaz Collazos, Fort Lewis College
- Valerie Jepson, Winthrop University
- Matthew Michel, University of Florida, Santa Fe College
- Francesc Morales, University of Florida
- David Vázquez, Assistant Professor, Fort Lewis College
- Mónica Wilinski Hodel, Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL