- Jessi Aaron (Ph.D., University of New Mexico)
Associate Professor of Spanish; Sociolinguistics, language variation and change, language contact, grammaticalization.
- Luis Alvarez-Castro (Ph.D., Ohio State University, Universidad de Valladolid), Professor of Spanish; affiliate, Center for European Studies. 19th- and 20th-Century Spanish Literature and Culture.
- Shifra Armon (Ph.D., Johns Hopkins University), Associate Professor of Spanish, Fulbright Research Chair (U Alberta, Fall 2017). Baroque-enlightenment continuities, Cervantes, Early Modern Spanish literatures and culture studies.
- M. Elizabeth Ginway (Ph.D., Vanderbilt University), Associate Professor of Portuguese. Brazilian literature and culture, Latin American science fiction and Fantasy.
- Emily Hind (Ph.D., University of Virginia), Associate Professor of Spanish. Mexican Literature, Film, and Cultural Studies; Children’s and Young Adult Mexican Literature; Critical Plant Studies; Energy Humanities; Gender and Age Studies; Mexican Petrofiction and Gobal Petroculture; Decolonial Approaches; Interdisciplinary Humanities
- Gillian Lord (Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University), Professor of Spanish and Linguistics. Second language acquisition, L2 phonetics and phonology, technology in foreign language education. Chair of the Department.
- Diego Pascual y Cabo (Ph.D., University of Florida), Assistant Professor of Spanish and Linguistics. Bilingualism, heritage language teaching and learning. Director of Spanish Heritage Language program.
- David A. Pharies (Ph.D., University of California-Berkeley), Professor of Spanish and Linguistics. Romance historical linguistics. Associate Dean for Humanities, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Martín Sorbille (Ph.D., University of California-Los Angeles), Associate Professor of Spanish; affiliate, Latin American Studies; affiliate, Center for European Studies. 19th Century and early 20th Century Latin American literature and culture. Spanish-American film studies. Psychoanalysis. Literary and critical theory.
- Imanol Suárez-Palma (Ph.D., University of Arizona), Assistant Professor of Spanish. Spanish morphosyntax, syntactic theory, Generative Grammar, Romance ‘se’, argument structure, dative arguments, language acquisition.
- Paola Uparela (Ph.D., University of Notre Dame), Assistant Professor of Spanish. Colonial and Transatlantic Latin American Cultural Studies; Gender, Sexuality, and Queer Studies; Visual culture and Biopolitics.
- Jorge Valdés Kroff (Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University), Assistant Professor of Spanish and Linguistics. Spanish Graduate Coordinator. Psycholinguistics, especially sentence processing in bilingual and second language speakers; Spanish-English code-switching; Spanish heritage speakers.
- Andrés Avellaneda
- Efraín Barradas, Home Page
- Geraldine Cleary Nichols
- Murray Lasley †
- Charles Perrone
- Adolfo Prieto †
- Reynaldo Jiménez
- Lorena Albert Ferrando (M.A., Universidad de Zaragoza; M. A., U.I.M.P.–Instituto Cervantes; M.Phil., CUNY; Ph.D. Candidate, Universidad de Valladolid). Lecturer. Coordinator of SPN 1131.
- Kathryn Dwyer Navajas (M.A.,Johns Hopkins). Senior Lecturer. Co-coordinator of Spanish 1130.
- Andréa Cabral Leal Ferreira (M.A., Ph.D. Candidate, University of Florida). Lecturer in Portuguese. Portuguese Undergraduate Advisor.
- Quinn McCoy Hansen (Ph.D., University of Florida). Lecturer in Portuguese. Portuguese Lower Division coordinator.
- Víctor M. Jordán-Orozco (Ph.D., University of Florida). Lecturer. Coordinator of Heritage Spanish courses.
- Su Ar Lee (Ph.D., Ohio State University). Senior Lecturer. Coordinator of SPN 2240.
- Crystal Marull (Ph.D., Rutgers University). Lecturer. Coordinator of Course Online in Spanish.
Homepage | UF Homepage
- Gregory Moreland (Ph.D., University of Florida). Senior Lecturer. Spanish Undergraduate Advisor. Foreign Language Across the Curriculum coordinator.
- Jennifer Pretak (Ph.D., University of California at Riverside). Lecturer. Administrative Coordinator of Lower Division Spanish.
- Antonio Sajid López (Ph.D., University of Florida). Lecturer.
Experiential Learning and Certificate in Spanish for the Professions Coordinator.
- Andrea Villa Ruiz (Ph.D., University of Florida). Lecturer. Coordinator of Spanish 3300 and 3301.
- Jennifer Wooten(Ph.D., University of Georgia). Senior Lecturer. Director of Language Instruction.
Group photo from Fall 2019.
Current graduate students and their bios can be found on this page.
- Tania Abella Fernández (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Sociolinguistic variation, corpus linguistics, language contact, historical linguistics, and discourse analysis.
- Laura M. Callahan (email@example.com).
Paychoanalysis, memory and trauma; film studies; testimonial literature; law and literature.
- Sergio Casado Ariza
- Marina Cuartero Marco (firstname.lastname@example.org). Heritage Language Acquisition, language contact, language variation, endangered languages.
- Leire Echevarría Canal (email@example.com). Second and Heritage Language Acquisition, bilingualism, sociolinguistics and technology in language teaching.
- Alberto Fernández-Diego (firstname.lastname@example.org). SLA, phonetics and phonology, teaching methods and epistemological foundations of research in linguistics.
- Analiz Faife Casas (email@example.com). Latin American and Caribbean culture, Literary Theory, Culture syncretism, Feminism, Psychoanalysis.
- Paula Fernández-Hernández (firstname.lastname@example.org). Literature of Canary Islands and Caribbean (poetry, XXth-XXIst century).
- Marc Gandarillas (email@example.com). Sociolinguistics, bilingualism, language contact, language policy, endangered languages, historical linguistics.
- Greity Gonzalez Rivera (firstname.lastname@example.org). XX Latin American literature, marxism, neoliberalism, cultural industries.
- Paola Guerrero-Rodriguez (email@example.com). Spanish as a heritage language, Heritage Language education, language ideologies, and language and discrimination.
- María Hernández González (firstname.lastname@example.org). Indigenous identity in contemporary Latin American literature and visual arts.
- Nick Judd (email@example.com). Historical Linguistics, Dialectology, Second Language Acquisition.
- Mariandreína Kostantinov (firstname.lastname@example.org). Second Language Acquisition/L2 Phonology.
- Lori Lye (email@example.com). Second Language Acquisition, teaching methods, mobile-assisted language learning.
- Máyori Matos Camacho (firstname.lastname@example.org). Bilingualism, Acquisition of Spanish as a heritage language, Education of Spanish as a heritage language.
- Hamideh Mohammadi (email@example.com). Psycholinguistics, sentence processing in bilinguals, second language speakers and Spanish heritage speakers. webpage
- Enrique Muñoz-Mantas (firstname.lastname@example.org). Francoist exile, Peninsular and Catalan postwar literary and film productions, 20th century novelistic techniques in crime fiction, and the literature-film interface.
- Daniela Núñez de Álvarez Stransky (email@example.com). Heritage language acquisition and pedagogy; Acquisition, loss, and reactivation of syntax with focus on migrants returning to Mexico.
- Nancy Pinzón (firstname.lastname@example.org). Humor and Pain in Latin American and Italian literature and film.
- Gabriela Rivera Marín
- Hernán Rosario (email@example.com). Languages in contact, bilingualism, phonetics, sociolinguistics, and psycholinguistics.
- Grisell Santiago (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Gustavo Velázquez Lascano
- Diana Velázquez López (email@example.com). Second Language Acquisition, L2 phonetics, technology in language teaching.
- Melany D. C. Vergara (firstname.lastname@example.org). Childhood Studies in Contemporary Latin American Film and Literature.
- Allen Zegarra Acevedo (email@example.com)
- Irene Zurita Moreno (firstname.lastname@example.org). Psycholinguistics, language processing, bilingualism.
- Alejandro Acero Ayuda (email@example.com). Second Language Acquisition, bilingualism, heritage speakers, sociolinguistics, technology and education, endangered languages and language revitalization.
- Alexis Berles (firstname.lastname@example.org). Psycholinguistics, bilingualism, Second Language Acquisition, and the cognitive processes underlying bilingualism.
- Crispin Abeifaa Beyogle (email@example.com). Generative syntax, Second Language Acquisition, Heritage Speakers, Bilingualism.
- Josephine Araba Duncan (firstname.lastname@example.org). Second language acquisition, technology in the classroom and phonology.
- Fernanda Gonzalez (email@example.com). 21st century Latin American dictatorships and Latin American feminism.
- Darian Hector (firstname.lastname@example.org). Second Language Acquisition and teaching, Identity in language learning and teaching, bilingualism.
- Ana Judd (email@example.com). Technology and Second Language Acquisition.
- Franklina Kabio-Danlebo (firstname.lastname@example.org). Second Language Acquisition, bilingualism, and sociolinguistics.
- Rachel Leidemann (email@example.com).
- Maria Victoria Muñoz (firstname.lastname@example.org). XX Century Latin American poetry, comparative literature, feminism.
- Zane Price (email@example.com). Second Language Acquisition. https://www.linkedin.com/in/zane-price-933487199/
- Victor Santos (firstname.lastname@example.org). XIX Century Spanish and Caribbean literature.
- Noah Verboon (email@example.com). Bilingualism, Spanish as a Heritage Language, and Heritage Language education.
- Caridad Jimenez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- María Infante (email@example.com)
- Matthew Michel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Javier Sampedro (email@example.com)
- Sonia San Juan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Maria Waked ( email@example.com)
- Lee Wilberschied (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Recent Graduates (last 5 years)
- Phillip Allen, Assistant Teaching Professor, Pennsylvania State University
- Osmer Balam, Gillespie Visiting Professor, College of Wooster
- Yanina Becco, Visiting Assistant Professor, Southern Utah University
- Carolos Bertoglio, Assistant Professor, Southern Utah University
- Ana María Díaz Collazos, Visiting Instructor, Fort Lewis College
- Valerie Jepson, Assistant Professor, Winthrop University
- Dámaris Mayans-Ramon, Visiting Assistant Professor, Colby College
- Matthew Michel, Lecturer, University of Florida, Santa Fe College
- Francesc Morales, Visiting Assistant Professor, University of North Florida
- Marcela Murillo, Faculty, Santa Fe College
- Falcon Restrepo-Ramos, Assistant Professor, College of Charleston
- Mercedes Tejera, Lecturer, Clemson University
- David Vázquez, Assistant Professor, Fort Lewis College
- Mónica Wilinski Hodel, Instructor, Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL