- Jessi Aaron (Ph.D., University of New Mexico)
Associate Professor of Spanish; Sociolinguistics, language variation and change, language contact, grammaticalization.
- Luis Alvarez-Castro (Ph.D., Ohio State University, Universidad de Valladolid), Professor of Spanish; affiliate, Center for European Studies. 19th- and 20th-Century Spanish Literature and Culture.
- Shifra Armon (Ph.D., Johns Hopkins University), Associate Professor of Spanish, Fulbright Research Chair (U Alberta, Fall 2017). Baroque-enlightenment continuities, Cervantes, Early Modern Spanish literatures and culture studies.
- M. Elizabeth Ginway (Ph.D., Vanderbilt University), Associate Professor of Portuguese. Brazilian literature and culture, Latin American science fiction and Fantasy.
- Emily Hind (Ph.D., University of Virginia), Associate Professor of Spanish. Mexican Literature, Film, and Cultural Studies; Children’s and Young Adult Mexican Literature; Critical Plant Studies; Energy Humanities; Gender and Age Studies; Mexican Petrofiction and Gobal Petroculture; Decolonial Approaches; Interdisciplinary Humanities
- Gillian Lord (Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University), Professor of Spanish and Linguistics. Second language acquisition, L2 phonetics and phonology, technology in foreign language education. Chair of the Department.
- Diego Pascual y Cabo (Ph.D., University of Florida), Assistant Professor of Spanish and Linguistics. Bilingualism, heritage language teaching and learning. Director of Spanish Heritage Language program.
- David A. Pharies (Ph.D., University of California-Berkeley), Professor of Spanish and Linguistics. Romance historical linguistics. Associate Dean for Humanities, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Martín Sorbille (Ph.D., University of California-Los Angeles), Associate Professor of Spanish; affiliate, Latin American Studies; affiliate, Center for European Studies. 19th Century and early 20th Century Latin American literature and culture. Spanish-American film studies. Psychoanalysis. Literary and critical theory.
- Imanol Suárez-Palma (Ph.D., University of Arizona), Assistant Professor of Spanish. Spanish morphosyntax, syntactic theory, Generative Grammar, Romance ‘se’, argument structure, dative arguments, language acquisition.
- Paola Uparela (Ph.D., University of Notre Dame), Assistant Professor of Spanish. Colonial and Transatlantic Latin American Cultural Studies; Gender, Sexuality, and Queer Studies; Visual culture and Biopolitics.
- Jorge Valdés Kroff (Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University), Assistant Professor of Spanish and Linguistics. Spanish Graduate Coordinator. Psycholinguistics, especially sentence processing in bilingual and second language speakers; Spanish-English code-switching; Spanish heritage speakers.
- Andrés Avellaneda
- Efraín Barradas, Home Page
- Geraldine Cleary Nichols
- Murray Lasley †
- Charles Perrone
- Adolfo Prieto †
- Reynaldo Jiménez
- Lorena Albert Ferrando (M.A., Universidad de Zaragoza; M. A., U.I.M.P.–Instituto Cervantes; M.Phil., CUNY; Ph.D. Candidate, Universidad de Valladolid). Lecturer. Coordinator of SPN 1131.
- Kathryn Dwyer Navajas (M.A.,Johns Hopkins). Senior Lecturer. Co-coordinator of Spanish 1130.
- Andréa Cabral Leal Ferreira (M.A., Ph.D. Candidate, University of Florida). Lecturer in Portuguese. Portuguese Undergraduate Advisor.
- Quinn McCoy Hansen (Ph.D., University of Florida). Lecturer in Portuguese. Portuguese Lower Division coordinator.
- Víctor M. Jordán-Orozco (Ph.D., University of Florida). Lecturer. Coordinator of Heritage Spanish courses.
- Su Ar Lee (Ph.D., Ohio State University). Senior Lecturer. Coordinator of SPN 2240.
- Crystal Marull (Ph.D., Rutgers University). Lecturer. Coordinator of Course Online in Spanish.
Homepage | UF Homepage
- Gregory Moreland (Ph.D., University of Florida). Senior Lecturer. Spanish Undergraduate Advisor. Foreign Language Across the Curriculum coordinator.
- Jennifer Pretak (Ph.D., University of California at Riverside). Lecturer. Administrative Coordinator of Lower Division Spanish.
- Antonio Sajid López (Ph.D., University of Florida). Lecturer.
Experiential Learning and Certificate in Spanish for the Professions Coordinator.
- Andrea Villa Ruiz (Ph.D., University of Florida). Lecturer. Coordinator of Spanish 3300 and 3301.
- Jennifer Wooten(Ph.D., University of Georgia). Senior Lecturer. Director of Language Instruction.
More detailed information on the graduate students and their interests, as well as the Organización de Estudiantes Graduados de Español (OEGE) can be found on their page.
- Tania Abella Fernández (email@example.com).
Sociolinguistic variation, corpus linguistics, language contact, historical linguistics, and discourse analysis.
- Laura M. Callahan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Paychoanalysis, memory and trauma; film studies; testimonial literature; law and literature.
- Marina Cuartero Marco (email@example.com). Heritage Language Acquisition, language contact, language variation, endangered languages.
- Leire Echevarría Canal (firstname.lastname@example.org). Second and Heritage Language Acquisition, bilingualism, sociolinguistics and technology in language teaching.
- Alberto Fernández-Diego (email@example.com). SLA, phonetics and phonology, teaching methods and epistemological foundations of research in linguistics.
- Analiz Faife Casas (firstname.lastname@example.org). Latin American and Caribbean culture, Literary Theory, Culture syncretism, Feminism, Psychoanalysis.
- Paula Fernández-Hernández (email@example.com). Literature of Canary Islands and Caribbean (poetry, XXth-XXIst century).
- Marc Gandarillas (firstname.lastname@example.org). Sociolinguistics, bilingualism, language contact, language policy, endangered languages, historical linguistics.
- Greity Gonzalez Rivera (email@example.com). XX Latin American literature, marxism, neoliberalism, cultural industries.
- Paola Guerrero-Rodriguez (firstname.lastname@example.org). Spanish as a heritage language, Heritage Language education, language ideologies, and language and discrimination.
- María Hernández González (email@example.com). Indigenous identity in contemporary Latin American literature and visual arts.
- Nick Judd (firstname.lastname@example.org). Historical Linguistics, Dialectology, Second Language Acquisition.
- Mariandreína Kostantinov (email@example.com). Second Language Acquisition/L2 Phonology.
- Lori Lye (firstname.lastname@example.org). Second Language Acquisition, teaching methods, mobile-assisted language learning.
- Máyori Matos Camacho (email@example.com). Bilingualism, Acquisition of Spanish as a heritage language, Education of Spanish as a heritage language.
- Hamideh Mohammadi (firstname.lastname@example.org). Psycholinguistics, sentence processing in bilinguals, second language speakers and Spanish heritage speakers. webpage
- Enrique Muñoz-Mantas (email@example.com). Francoist exile, Peninsular and Catalan postwar literary and film productions, 20th century novelistic techniques in crime fiction, and the literature-film interface.
- Daniela Núñez de Álvarez Stransky (firstname.lastname@example.org). Heritage language acquisition and pedagogy; Acquisition, loss, and reactivation of syntax with focus on migrants returning to Mexico.
- Nancy Pinzón (email@example.com). Humor and Pain in Latin American and Italian literature and film.
- Hernán Rosario (firstname.lastname@example.org). Languages in contact, bilingualism, phonetics, sociolinguistics, and psycholinguistics.
- Grisell Santiago (email@example.com).
- Diana Velázquez López (firstname.lastname@example.org). Second Language Acquisition, L2 phonetics, technology in language teaching.
- Melany D. C. Vergara (email@example.com). Childhood Studies in Contemporary Latin American Film and Literature.
- Allen Zegarra Acevedo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Irene Zurita Moreno (email@example.com). Psycholinguistics, language processing, bilingualism.
- Alejandro Acero Ayuda (firstname.lastname@example.org). Second Language Acquisition, bilingualism, heritage speakers, sociolinguistics, technology and education, endangered languages and language revitalization.
- Alexis Berles (email@example.com). Psycholinguistics, bilingualism, Second Language Acquisition, and the cognitive processes underlying bilingualism.
- Crispin Abeifaa Beyogle (firstname.lastname@example.org). Generative syntax, Second Language Acquisition, Heritage Speakers, Bilingualism.
- Josephine Araba Duncan (email@example.com). Second language acquisition, technology in the classroom and phonology.
- Fernanda Gonzalez (firstname.lastname@example.org). 21st century Latin American dictatorships and Latin American feminism.
- Darian Hector (email@example.com). Second Language Acquisition and teaching, Identity in language learning and teaching, bilingualism.
- Ana Judd (firstname.lastname@example.org). Technology and Second Language Acquisition.
- Franklina Kabio-Danlebo (email@example.com). Second Language Acquisition, bilingualism, and sociolinguistics.
- Rachel Leidemann (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Maria Victoria Muñoz (email@example.com). XX Century Latin American poetry, comparative literature, feminism.
- Zane Price (firstname.lastname@example.org). Second Language Acquisition. https://www.linkedin.com/in/zane-price-933487199/
- Victor Santos (email@example.com). XIX Century Spanish and Caribbean literature.
- Noah Verboon (firstname.lastname@example.org). Bilingualism, Spanish as a Heritage Language, and Heritage Language education.
- Caridad Jimenez (email@example.com)
- María Infante (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Matthew Michel (email@example.com)
- Javier Sampedro (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sonia San Juan (email@example.com)
- Maria Waked ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lee Wilberschied (email@example.com)
Recent Graduates (last 5 years)
- Phillip Allen, Assistant Teaching Professor, Pennsylvania State University
- Osmer Balam, Gillespie Visiting Professor, College of Wooster
- Yanina Becco, Visiting Assistant Professor, Southern Utah University
- Carolos Bertoglio, Assistant Professor, Southern Utah University
- Ana María Díaz Collazos, Visiting Instructor, Fort Lewis College
- Valerie Jepson, Assistant Professor, Winthrop University
- Dámaris Mayans-Ramon, Visiting Assistant Professor, Colby College
- Matthew Michel, Lecturer, University of Florida, Santa Fe College
- Francesc Morales, Visiting Assistant Professor, University of North Florida
- Marcela Murillo, Faculty, Santa Fe College
- Falcon Restrepo-Ramos, Assistant Professor, College of Charleston
- Mercedes Tejera, Lecturer, Clemson University
- David Vázquez, Assistant Professor, Fort Lewis College
- Mónica Wilinski Hodel, Instructor, Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL