The main source of information for any issues pertaining to graduate education at the University of Florida is the Graduate School‘s website:
Useful resources available at this website include:
- Graduate Catalog (updated every year)
- The “General Regulations” section provides information on policies such as academic integrity or registration requirements.
- The “Graduate Degrees” section provides detailed information on the procedures and regulations specific to either MA or PhD degrees (other graduate degrees are featured as well, although they do not apply to SPS).
- Much of this information is also available as a PDF in the UF Graduate Student Handbook.
- Graduate Calendar
- Editorial Deadlines for Thesis and Dissertations
- This webpage features a helpful summary of submission deadlines along with definitions of the various procedures and regulations related to the final term of any graduate degree.
- Final Term Graduation Checklist (PDF)
- Dissertation Submission Checklist (PDF)
Relevant SPS Documents
In addition to the regulations and procedures set forth by the Graduate School, the following information is specific to the Department of Spanish and Portuguese Studies:
- Spanish Graduate Student Handbook (PDF)
- 2018-2019 Spanish Graduate Teaching Assistant Handbook (PDF)
- Expectations of Graduate Students (PDF)
Academic Job Search
- Sample documents and other resources on the academic job search process are available on a Canvas course entitled “Academic Job Search.” Please contact the graduate coordinator for access (you will need to provide your UFID).
“Humanities PhDs at Work”: A Workshop Series on Careers for Humanities PhDs (2017-2018)
- This four-part series featured doctorates in the humanities discussing their career choices and steps Humanities PhDs may take to prepare for non-traditional fields beyond professorial jobs. All workshops were videoed and are archived in the UF Institutional Repository: http://ufdc.ufl.edu/contains/?t=%22Humanities+PhDs+at+Work+series%22&f=TI